Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fasting: Day 7

I am proud to say that by the end of today we officially completed 7 days of fasting!
But thats not the only great news! Today I was "the star" of the group as they said :) I officially lost a total of
10 kilos! Thats putting what I lost before the retreat together with what I lost in the fast.
If you know me you would know that over the past 6 years I have gained a lot, and I mean ALOT, of weight. I will tell you about this later in the "pre-retreat" post which I am having a hard time finding time to complete. This is only a start, but a great start, and I am really proud of myself. I lost the 10 kilos healthily by mostly eating fruits and vegetables, with no extreme measures, fad diets, or operations. Ofcourse some may consider the fast I am doing an extreme measure, but I don't see it that way at all. The fast is only some sort of vehicle, that gives my body time to fix itself and solve its own issues instead of needing to deal with what I am putting into it. At the end of the day, every major religion has some kind of fast, which can only prove and highlight the importance and benefit of fasting.

Today I am over energized, my mind just can't stop working, and I simply cannot stay still (unless I'm writing). My meditation was very very VERY noisy today, my head was just exploding with thoughts, ideas, and words, lots and lots of words. I kept trying to calm down, go to my silent place, search for a neutral place in my mind, but there was no silent or neutral place, there were only a billion parties, activities, and traffic jams going on in there. At the end of the day somehow the meditation somehow, in spite of the noise, makes me relaxed.

We had a very inspiring (and funny) lecture today. For some reason the passed around papers and pens for the first time. I think I was the only one who couldn't stop writing, I filled my paper to the max on both sides. I was extremely inspired and trying to absorb all the information, afraid to trust my forgetful mind to remember all those things. As I headed in a hurry to my room with my hot cup of cinnamon and a bunch of other things, of course what I was afraid of happened; I spilled it all over my paper and almost everything I wrote down melted away…. *a moment of grief*. But that didn't stop me… I headed right away to my laptop and started forming my own version of a healthy nutrition guide, sort of like what the FDA do with "my pyramid" and "my plate". I couldn't stop working. I worked and worked and worked, then left for the lecture, and when I cam back I worked and worked and worked, till I was finally done at 4 am. This should serve as a reminder to me on what I want to follow in my life, nutritional wise.

The very sad thing about today is that we had to farewell our lovely guru, Miral. Such a sad moment, I'm so sure everyone will miss her a lot, and our very special meditations. Hopefully she might be able to fly back to us, if not, then I am sure we will stumble upon each other some day, sooner or later.

7 days of fasting, 7 days to go. Down 10 kilos.

No comments:

Post a Comment